Please join me in congratulating Jed Lau (Ironport, Meraki, Cisco, UNC Tar Heel, and St. Albans Bulldog) on the launch of his company, Memoir Tree. Memoir Tree is an app/website that helps users tell, record, and share their important life moments and stories. Think of it as digital storytelling.
I have all the respect in the world for Jed. In addition to being an intelligent, motivated, and genuine guy, he has poured his passion into this project. Even though Memoir Tree is still in its infancy, results are already showing.
You can support Memoir Tree by checking out the app on the iTunes App Store. Let us know what you think — and PLEASE, if you like what you see, share the news with your friends!
As many of you know, I was a part of the company for a while, before duties and other responsibilities forced me to step back (with much regret). Even still, this launch has me excited like a gorilla in a banana store!
Below is the note from Jed announcing the launch:
- – - – - – -
Dear family and friends,
As some of you know, I walked away from my W-2′s a couple of years ago to pursue a project fueled by my savings account and a dream of building technology that elderly would want to use and would benefit from using. My company, Memoir Tree (http://www.memoirtree.com), went live on the Apple App Store today, providing an iPhone app to capture oral history.
There are 5 things you can do right now to help me get Memoir Tree off the ground:
- Download the free Memoir Tree app, if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch 4: http://itunes.apple.com/us/
- Give us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be honest. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like. Tell us if something doesn’t work for you. And, tell us what you’d like to see in the product.
- Submit an app rating on the Apple App Store page (see #1), if you like what you see.
- Like and/or follow Memoir Tree on Facebook: http://www.facebook.
- Vote for our entry into the Founder Showcase, a startup competition coming up in late April: http://showcase10.
I’d really appreciate your help with these 5 actions.
I don’t get to launch a company that often in my life, so let me take this opportunity right now to thank my family for giving me the time, space, and support to pursue this adventure. I owe this company to you all.
I’ve learned a lot building Memoir Tree, and I may start writing about my experience once the dust settles. If you’re curious about anything, please ask; I’d love to hear from you. I’ll do my best to respond.
Thanks for all of your support. It means a lot to me.