About Allan Petersen
Once upon a time, in an economy far far away, I spent eight years between investment banking and private equity. I loved my colleagues and learned more than I could have hoped for, but decided that I would try to find my passion before time caught up with me. I left on great terms to pursue my life’s dreams.
After a fabulous five years of career exploration, I came back. Now, I am:
- Responsible for fundraising and limited partner relations for Nautic Partners, a private equity firm with $2.5 billion of equity capital under management
- Associate Producer of Dead Man’s Burden, an independent western film directed by award-winning filmmaker Jared Moshé, and premiering at the 2012 Los Angeles Film Festival as an official selection for the Narrative Competition
- A writer of two epic fantasy novels, Elder’s Will and its follow-up, both seeking representation
- A short story author with a focus on fantasy and science fiction
- And an occasional exhausted Mr. Mom and home chef.
All opinions expressed on this website are my own, and not necessarily representative of my employer(s).
For more information on Nautic Partners, visit our website.
I am fortunate to have a beautiful wife, Alissa, and a handsome son, Karsten. During our (scarce) free time, you can find us traveling, hiking, bird watching, reading, taking photos, and playing in the yard of our house in the Boston suburbs. I was born and raised in Washington, DC. For better or for worse, that makes me a Washington Redskins, Washington Capitals, and Washington Post fan for life.